Qorvis is seeking a highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as an Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Administrator. We are a dynamic and fast-paced company that operates across multiple time zones and requires scheduling and administrative support for our CEO and executive management. This role is ideal for someone with proven experience as an assistant/scheduler in a global, high-profile environment, or for someone looking to gain valuable experience in the business.
- Scheduling and Calendar Management:
- Coordinate and manage complex schedules for the CEO and 2-3 C-suite executives, considering multiple time zones (U.S., Europe, UAE).
- Arrange and prioritize professional and personal meetings, appointments, and travel to maximize efficiency.
- Contact and Meeting Management:
- Maintain a comprehensive database of contacts and stakeholders who request meetings across multiple locations.
- Prioritize and manage incoming meeting requests, accounting for CEO’s travel schedule, time zones, and workload.
- Proactively follow up with individuals and organizations to schedule meetings during CEO’s availability in company hubs.
- Travel Planning and Budgeting:
- Plan and coordinate travel itineraries, accommodation, and transportation.
- Monitor and manage travel budgets, expense reporting, and meeting briefing materials.
- Administrative Support:
- Support finance, legal, and human resources activities and tasks.
- Prepare and proofread communications, reports, presentations, and other documentation.
- Handle email correspondence with professionalism and discretion on behalf of executives.
- Office Management:
- Manage the Washington D.C. office, including handling mail, documents, supplies, and office organization and maintenance.
- Provide in-person support for staff onboarding/offboarding and technology needs.
- Provide in-person support for D.C. meetings, including scheduling meeting rooms, organizing refreshments, and greeting guests.
- Flexibility and Availability:
- Be available online during early mornings and occasional evenings (U.S. ET) to accommodate executives’ scheduling needs in different time zones.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Executive, Administrative Assistant, Scheduler, or in a similar assistant/scheduling/customer-service role.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to handle tasks across different time zones effectively.
- A problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Discretion and sound judgment when handling sensitive or confidential situations.
- Strong, sophisticated written and verbal communication skills, capable of interacting with individuals at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy in work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required; experience with other content, project management, or finance tools is a plus.
- Must have availability both in person in the Washington, D.C., office as well as virtually early mornings ET to support scheduling across time zones.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please send a cover letter explaining your interest and experience and your CV/resumé to Janet Scarcelli at [email protected].
Qorvis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.