Qorvis is seeking an early-career strategic communications professional with strong research, writing, and critical thinking skills to join our team in Washington, D.C., or Dubai, and jump into exciting work to help headline-making clients navigate geopolitical challenges.
You’ll help our growing roster of international clients in energy, technology, and finance navigate geopolitical volatility and risk, directly supporting agency principals in the day-to-day management of several clients who are in the news every single day.
The ideal candidate will have some experience, such as an internship or previous entry-level position, in politics, international policy, campaign management, journalism, or a financial institution. We’ll also consider candidates who have experience in challenging customer service-oriented roles (such as restaurant work) and, above all, who can prove a willingness and drive to learn and succeed for our clients.
- Tracking a wide range of issues including U.S. and EU policy, technology, energy, banking, and finance.
- Producing media and policy monitoring reports, including tracking media and issues important to clients, and providing thoughtful analysis.
- Researching and drafting articles, op-eds, social media content, press releases, etc. and proactively pitching new ideas for content and deliverables.
- Conducting outreach to media and third-party opinion leaders on behalf of clients. Developing a plan to follow up to ensure targets are met.
- Tracking work and activity for clients and compliance (daily, weekly, monthly) with careful attention to detail.
- Drafting, formatting, and tracking new business proposals, including scopes of work and presentation decks on tight deadlines.
- Supporting agency leadership and client team leads with other writing, research, organizational, or administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 1 year of relevant experience, such as a congressional/state legislature office, campaign, or media organization, or high-stakes analytical/markets position at a financial institution, or a customer-service-oriented position.
- A critical thinker who can “think around corners.” The client wants a media hit or op-ed—but there’s no news to pitch? You’re excited to come up with a handful of newsworthy, creative ideas and a plan.
- Ability to effectively manage and execute client deliverables and reports on deadlines across several time zones. This may include early/late calls and being responsive to international clients on weekends/U.S. holidays (we’re a global business).
- A resilient and fast learner who is not afraid of a challenge.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone (or turn on your camera)!
- Working knowledge of the latest digital tools as well as Microsoft Office, social media platforms, content management systems, and/or project management tools is a plus. (You should be telling us about the next social media platform or AI tool.)
- Ability to work in person in the office in Washington, D.C. or Dubai immediately.
This individual will support clients with headline-making geopolitical challenges, and clients associated with foreign governments and corporations. You should see this as an opportunity—not something you want to avoid.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity and CV/resumé to Samantha Sault at [email protected].
Qorvis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.