Qorvis is seeking a strategic communications professional with interest in Middle East policy and geopolitics to support clients in the Middle East, specifically a government agency.
This role is based in the Middle East; relocation/housing assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
The candidate should have exceptional and versatile writing and research skills, a background in government, policy, area studies, or journalism, and an ability to work with both the leadership and staff levels of government agencies.
Arabic proficiency is a plus, but not necessarily required.
- Draft speeches for government leaders, including speeches for local audiences and addresses at major international events
- Draft or edit official government statements
- Provide support and guidance on strategic communications and crisis situations around the clock
- Draft op-eds for placement outside the United States
- Support social media communications and advise on social media
- Provide advice and counsel on communications and media matters
- Maintain strong relationships with in-country international media and local media
- Participate in media training and development sessions with clients as needed
- Conduct quality review of government reports on a case-by-case basis
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and related tools
- Experience in government or electoral politics is highly desirable
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage, but not required
- Ability to adapt to, accept, and live in a foreign culture and appreciate different values and experiences
- Open-mindedness and flexibility in the working and living environment
- Calmness and objectivity in times of stress or crisis
- Strong knowledge of political systems, economics, and international politics
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team player mindset
- Maturity and depth to build strong relationships and diplomatic rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, vendors, and clients
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resumé, and relevant work/writing samples (if applicable) to Maria Jose Abad, Chief Operating Officer, at [email protected].
Qorvis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.